The Center for Excellence in Finance and Economic Research (CEFER) was established by the Bank of Lithuania and Vilnius University (VU). In autumn 2017 Kaunas University of Technology (KTU) joined as an additional partner.
The main goal of CEFER is to conduct and publish high-quality academic research and contribute to knowledge at the forefront of economic and financial research. CEFER researchers, among other things, lecture at universities (Bachelor in Quantitative Economics and PhD courses), organise workshops, seminars and conferences, conduct training courses, contribute to the data warehouse initiative, foster links with other institutions (in Lithuania and abroad), and manage research grants.
CEFER aims to:
- Raise the quality of economic and financial sciences in Lithuania
- Encourage quality discussions on relevant economic and financial issues
- Educate the public
- Enhance the image of the Bank of Lithuania as a centre of excellence in economics and finance
Economists at CEFER conduct academic research and publish their papers in well-reputed scientific journals. Main research topics include the following:
- Behavioural macroeconomics and finance
- International economics and finance
- Macroeconometric methods and modelling
- Dynamic Stochastic General Equilibrium (DSGE) models
- Labour economics