The Centre for Financial Market Development aims to contribute to the development of Lithuania’s financial market in order to have more financial undertakings with high value added establishing and developing in Lithuania. The Centre seeks to increase the accessibility of services and enhance competition. It focuses on attracting newcomers to various segments, such as credit, capital, insurance and payment markets. This way the Centre contributes to a strategic objective of the Bank of Lithuania to increase competition in the Lithuanian financial sector and promote sustainable and innovative market development.
Head of the Centre for Financial Market Development: Lukas Jakubonis
Goal: increase competition within Lithuania’s financial sector and promote sustainable and innovative market development.
- Promote development in credit, capital, collective investment undertaking, insurance and payment markets
- Enhance competition in the credit institution sector
- Attract credit and insurance market participants with experience and financial resources
- Transform credit unions
- Implement measures foreseen in the Capital Market Development Guidelines
- Implement the proposed measures which promote greater insurance coverage and resilience of natural persons to different risk scenarios
- Promote FinTech in developing the open data platform of the Bank of Lithuania
- Ensure the implementation of the Newcomer Programme
- Communicate with the local FinTech ecosystem