The main headquarters of the bank are located in the heart of Vilnius, the capital city; other units are located at Žirmūnų g. (Vilnius) and Maironio g. (Kaunas). The organisation employs approximately 600 staff members.
The Constitution of the Republic of Lithuania stipulates that the Bank of Lithuania belongs, by right of ownership, to the State of Lithuania. It was established by the Seimas, to which the Bank of Lithuania reports on its activities.
Bank of Lithuania organisational structure
- INTERNAL AUDIT DIVISION
- ECONOMICS DEPARTMENT
- FINANCIAL STABILITY DEPARTMENT
- MARKET OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT
- FINANCIAL SERVICES AND MARKETS SUPERVISION DEPARTMENT
- BANKING AND INSURANCE SUPERVISION DEPARTMENT
- LEGAL AND LICENSING DEPARTMENT
- MARKET INFRASTRUCTURE DEPARTMENT
- CASH DEPARTMENT
- IT DEPARTMENT
- DATA AND STATISTICS DEPARTMENT
- CORPORATE SERVICES DEPARTMENT
- STRATEGY AND GOVERNANCE DEPARTMENT