For supervisory purposes, payment institutions must submit to the Bank of Lithuania:
Within 20 calendar days following the end of each quarter:
- Financial and activity reports for supervisory purposes** (balance sheet statement, off-balance sheet statement, profit (loss) statement, statement of changes in equity, report on performance indicators and safeguarding of received funds, report on initial capital and own funds*)
- Quarterly reports for supervision of the implementation of money laundering and/or terrorist financing prevention measures**
At the end of the year:
- Reports on granted loans, funds deposited in an account, number of employees, and received complaints**
- Set of annual financial statements approved by the general meeting of shareholders (audited, where audit of financial statements is mandatory) and the auditor’s report (for payment institutions that are financial institutions – within 3 days after the institution’s general meeting of shareholders, which must take place within 3 months after the end of the financial year; for payment institutions that are not financial institutions – no later than by 5 May of the following year)
- Report on operational and security risks – at least annually, within 2 weeks of carrying out the assessment
- Annual reports for supervision of the implementation of money laundering and/or terrorist financing prevention measures** – by March 1 of the following year
When deemed necessary:
- Report on services** – within 30 days, if the institution starts providing new services (engaging in new activities)
- Report on closure or restriction of an account – within 5 calendar days on the initiative of the credit institution
- Notification template on major operational or security incidents
- Notification template on the suspected fraudulent activities of the payer
- Notification template on limiting access for an account information service provider or a payment initiation service provider to a payment account***
- Notification template and a draft contract on outsourcing of the important operational functions to another entity – at least 1 month prior to the conclusion of the contract on outsourcing of the important operational functions to another entity
- Report on major changes of requirements for safeguarding of funds of electronic money holders and/or payment service users
- Report on compliance of terms and conditions of the professional indemnity insurance contract or other comparable guarantee with requirements of legal acts
- Report on calculation of minimum monetary amount of professional indemnity insurance or other comparable guarantee
* Submitted only by payment institutions that have a licence for unrestricted activity.
** Except for payment institutions that only provide the payment initiation service and/or the account information service and/or only engage in the collection of fees for utilities or other services provided on a regular basis for household needs, in the collection of fines and/or other charges to public authorities, and in the payment of social benefits.
*** If the payment institution is the account servicing payment service provider.