European single electronic format (ESEF)
Companies, the securities of which are admitted to trading on a regulated market and which are obliged to prepare their consolidated financial statements for the financial years beginning on or after 1 January 2020, in accordance with the International Accounting Standards, shall prepare their annual financial reports in XHMTL. The embedding of mark-ups in the issuers’ annual financial reports in XHTML format shall use the Inline XBRL specifications set out in Annex III of Regulation 2018/815;
Those Financial reports shall be provided and published starting in 2021 in a new format.
The Bank of Lithuania provides in this section legislation published and the newest information, with the hyperlinks marked in green:
Regulations (2018/815), supplementing Directive 2004/109/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council, with regard to regulatory technical standards on the specification of a single electronic reporting format.
Relevant links on the ESMA website about ESEF:
- Prepared report – Final report on the RTS (ESMA 32-60-204);
- ESEF reporting manual (ESMA 32-60-2540), dedicated to assisting issuers and software vendors;
- Volunteer trials of preparing and transforming their annual financial report to inline XBRL, their experience and examples of financial reports. ESEF testing;
- The 2019 ESEF XBRL taxonomy and accompanying documentation published by ESMA.
Educational videos, published by ESMA:
- Publicly available list of official software vendors, as suggested by ESMA.
- Inline XBRL software and service providers in the Baltics (317.4 KB )
- Slides of the webinar for issuers (1.9 MB ) (in Lithuanian), organised by the Bank of Lithuania in November 2019.
- LB-published message (in Lithuanian) about implementation of ESEF.