Institutions investigating consumer disputes
It might be useful to know what other institutions, apart from the Bank of Lithuania, investigate disputes between consumers and service providers:
- The Communications Regulatory Authority of the Republic of Lithuania investigates disputes between consumers and electronic communication service providers or postal service providers regarding relations regulated by the Republic of Lithuania Law on Electronic Communications and the Republic of Lithuania Postal Law.
- The National Commission for Energy Control and Prices investigates disputes between consumers and energy, drinking water supply and/or wastewater treatment companies regarding payment for energy or services used, application of state-regulated prices and/or tariffs, energy companies’ activities or omissions in providing, distributing, supplying and storing energy, accession and balance of energy and energy resource supply flows, as well as other disputes between consumers and energy companies in the field of energy that are not within the scope of the State Energy Inspectorate under the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Lithuania.
- The State Energy Inspectorate under the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Lithuania investigates disputes between consumers and energy companies in relation to energy facilities, the use of accounting means, as well as termination, suspension or limitation of energy supply.
- The Lithuanian Bar Association, or a body established by it, investigates disputes between consumers and lawyers regarding legal services.
- The State Consumer Rights Protection Authority investigates disputes in other fields of consumer rights protection.