Vilnius cash office
|Žirmūnų g. 151, LT-09128 Vilnius|
Working hours: I 8:30–18:00 II–IV 8:30–15:30 V 8:30–14:30 No lunch break. On the eve of holidays, working hours are one hour shorter.
Kaunas cash office
|Maironio g. 25, LT-44250 Kaunas|
Working hours: I–III 8:30–15:30 IV 8:30–18:00 V 8:30–14:30 No lunch break. On the eve of holidays, working hours are one hour shorter.
|Toll-free information line +370 800 50 500|
Payment cards are accepted
At the Bank of Lithuania cash offices:
- Purchase numismatic items
- Exchange litas into euro
- Exchange worn or damaged euro
- Submit euro and litas for expert evaluation
- Count litas coins with coin counting machines
- Exchange euro banknotes and coins into circulation and commemorative euro coins with the Lithuanian national side which have not been issued into circulation – no more than 50 pcs per day per person
- Exchange 500–1,000 euro coins per day – as many as can fit into a special 1 litre container
- Exchange euro banknotes into larger or smaller denominations
Moreover, until 31 December, taking into account customer needs, the amount of coins to be exchanged will not be limited. However, in such cases the money will be transferred to the account indicated by the customer within 10 business days rather than paid immediately. Natural and legal persons wishing to exchange more than 1 litre of coins will have to submit a written request, which can be filled out upon arrival at the cash office or in advance (the request form can be found here).
If you wish to receive any of the above-mentioned services at a Bank of Lithuania cash office, please have a personal identification document with you.